WaSHMIS is specifically designed to provide water utilities with the following benefits:
- A central asset registration where visualization of leakage patterns along the water supply network can be done
- Customer Identification surveys (CIS).
- Job tracking
- Automatic Meter Reading (AMR)
- Dashboards for flow, pressure, level, GIS, performance, etc.
- Understand water demand patterns within the network, the basis for a comprehensive asset management strategy.
- Determine Minimum Night Flow (MNF) used to quantify the invisible leakages informing the asset rehabilitation needs and priorities.
- Easy identification of NRW components such as leakages and illegal connections consequently reducing awareness time
- Ensuring that all intakes, production sites, zones and customers have accurate water meters through frequent reconciliation of the manually read and transmitted meter readings